Gem Diamonds add sparkle to Kick4Life 10th anniversary event
We are excited to announce that Gem Diamonds Limited is sponsoring our 10th Anniversary Celebration on October 15th at Brown’s Restaurant in Covent Garden, London.
The event will mark a decade of Kick4Life changing lives in Lesotho, from an initial idea to use sport for social change, to a multi award-winning charity and social enterprise.
Gem Diamonds is a leading global producer of high-value diamonds. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, the Company has operated the Letšeng mine in Lesotho since 2006, during which time the mine has produced four of the 20 largest white gem quality diamonds ever recorded.
Steve Fleming, Co-founder of Kick4Life, said: “We are thrilled that Gem Diamonds is supporting our 10th anniversary event. Their support is giving us a platform to celebrate our achievements since 2005, to thank our supporters over the last decade and to look ahead to exciting plans for the future. “
Along with a number of special guests, the event will feature a look back at some of the highlights of the last ten years with videos and speeches. This will include a young leader from Lesotho who will be flying over to London to talk about their life-changing experience with Kick4Life. The celebration will also feature a live auction to raise funds for our ongoing work.
Glenn Turner, Chief Legal & Commercial Officer at Gem Diamonds, added: “Gem Diamonds is very pleased to be able to support this celebration of the wonderful work which Kick4Life has carried out in Lesotho over the past 10 years. “
Key achievements of Kick4Life since 2005 include:
- More than 25,000 young people tested for HIV
- Over 600 young people living with HIV referred to medical treatment & support
- More than 50,000 young people completed sports-based health education & life-skills curriculum
- Over 1,000 out-of-school youth have attained key skills standards in literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Over 500 vulnerable young people reached with mentoring and referrals, covering health, education, shelter & protection.
- Over 50 young people referred to full-time external employment and more than 100 jobs created at Kick4Life
- 1 top class Restaurant and Hotel & Conference Centre launched, providing sustainable income for K4L and training & employment for young people
- 1 Football for Hope Centre secured for Lesotho including health & education facilities & the nation’s first 5-a-side artificial pitch
- Over £3 million foreign investment secured for Lesotho
- 52% of participants are women and girls
For a look back at the last ten years of Kick4Life, please visit Our History
For more information about the event please contact Steve Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org, call +44 (0) 7710 999 169 or visit www.kick4life.org